Kapalbhati Pranayama And Conceiving Process
Hello.. I have one question regarding pranayama. Someone told me that Kapalabhati Pranayama will have bad affect if u want a baby. Will it effect the conceivation process? Actually, I am planning to have a baby. After hearing this, I stopped my yoga exercise. So, I want to make sure does it really affect? I want to lose my tummy weight, so please tell me what I have to do???
Can I start yoga again? Is it safe for me because I am planning for my baby. Please guide me and reply as soon as possible.
From your question I understand that you are focusing only on kapalbhati pranayama in order to lose weight. It is better to follow a complete yoga sequence to get maximum benenfit of yoga practice.
You can continue doing Kapalbhati (people with high blood pressure must not do it), but make the exhalations a bit milder. Once you get indications that you have conceived, do not do Kapalbhati and Bhastrika pranayama. Also, Kumbhaka (holding of breath) should not be done during pregnancy. Shirshasana, Sarvanghasana, Bhujangasana and other asanas that include strenous stretching of abdomen should be avoided.Reducing Tummy Weight.
1. Self control and strong will power to lose weight is the best known method of reducing weight. Reduce your total food intake gradually. Reduce fat content in your food and increase more of raw food, whole grain foods, fresh green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits. Limit your sugar intake and
tea/ coffee drinking.
2. Practice yoga for at least one hour preferably in the morning. If you can spare some time in the evening, increase your physical activity levels by including walking, jogging, swimming or cycling in your daily routine. Avoid sedentary lifestyle.
3. As your fitness levels improve, your will power improves and boosts your resolve to restrict your diet.
4. Follow a well balanced yoga sequence which will help you to lose weight. Regular yoga practice along with moderation in diet can certainly bring your body weight to ideal body weight in six months to one year. Do not rush through your yoga sequence, spend adequate time on each asana even if you are able to do less number of asanas.
5. Include these simple asanas in your daily yoga practice.Suryanamaskar, Kamarchakrasana, Vajrasana, Janushirasana, Bhujangasana, Shalabhasana, Pawanmuktasana, Trikonasana, Sarpasana, Vajra asana, Padotanasana and Yogamudra.
PranayamaAlom Vilom, Bhastrika, Kapalbhati and Agnisaar.
If you are familiar/ comfortable with these advanced yoga poses, you can include them also in your daily yoga sequence.Sarvanghasana, Halasana and Chakrasana
6. After doing pranayama, om recitation can be done for 5 minutes.
7. End your yoga practice with 5 to 10 minutes of Shavasana for complete relaxation.
8. Avoid stress of any kind. Whenever you feel tired during working, do deep breathing sitting on a chair or lying down in Shavasana.
Hope this helps.
DaljitReferencesHow to lose Tummy Fat?Yoga Sequence For Beginners Yoga Exercises For Weight LossYoga For Weight Loss