Yoga To Reduce Tummy After C-section
Hello.. I am 31 year old and I have delivered a baby girl 2 years back. I had C-section. My weight before pregnancy was 58 kg and my stomach was almost flat. But after delivery, I weighed 79 kg and after 2 years, I have just lost 10 kg but no loss in the tummy size and it still looks like I am 7 months pregnant.
Please tell me what all yoga asanas and pranayam exercise can be helpful in reducing weight and specially stomach. I am worried to start the kapalbhati because of C-section.Answer
Yoga helps to balance a person's body. Regular practice of asanas and pranayama will help to bring your body weight back to normal. Eat healthy sattvic food. It should include more of vegetables, fruits and whole grains. Try to avoid sugar, artificial sweeteners and junk food.
Following asanas and pranayamas will help you to reduce weight. However, if you are new to yoga, start your practice under the guidance of an experienced yoga teacher.
1. Depending on your strength, do upto 20 rounds of Surya Namaskara (Sun Salutation). (You can start with 2-5 surya namaskars and increase the number of rounds gradually)
2. Uttanpadasana (Raised Leg Pose)
3. Naukasana (Boat Pose)
4. Shalabhasana (Locust Pose)
5. Leg Cycling
6. Leg rotation
8. Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
9. Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
10. Yoga Mudra (Symbol of Yoga Pose)
11. Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend Pose)
12. Ardha Matsyendrasana (Half Spinal Twist Pose)
13. Kapalabhati Pranayama
14. Agnisar Pranayama
15. Deep breathing
16. Anulom-Vilom (Alternate Nostril Breathing)
Here is a link to specific yoga exercises for weight loss
Hope this helps.