Kapalabhati Pranayama And Dry Mouth
(Bangalore, Karnatka, India)
Can kapalabhati pranayama give a dry mouth?
1. Normally you should not feel thirsty while doing yoga or pranayama and it is not advisable to drink water during yoga asanas or pranayama practice.
2. I hope you are doing the kapalabhati pranayama with correct technique and not over doing it. Have a re look at the following:
~ How many rounds of kapalbhati are you doing?
~ Since how long have you been doing yoga asanas or pranayama?
~ Have you learned form an experienced teacher?
3. Check if you are doing only kapalabhati pranayama and spending less time on any other yoga poses and pranayama. Different yoga poses have their own beneficial effects on different body organs. It is suggested to make a sequence of easy yoga poses and perform this yoga poses and get proficiency in asanas before doing pranayama.
4. For pranayama make sure that your body attains balance and alignment of yoga poses. Only a body perfected by the asanas should perform pranayama so that the body is able to handle the energy released during the pranayama.
5. You may be drinking less water during the day. Keep yourself hydrated throughout the day. Read more about drinking water during yoga
6. Eat simple satvik yogic diet.
Hope this helps.
With warm regards