Yoga And Weight Loss Tips
There are plenty of weight loss tips available. But are you interested
to find out simple but effective tips for weight loss? If you want to lose weight with yoga, be patient with your yoga practice and eat moderately. I suggest you study various weight loss tips discussed below and make up your own master plan to lose weight.
Essential Tips For Weight Loss
Five Point Formula For Weight Loss
- Regular exercise. Burn calories and get fit.
- Restrict your calorie intake. Eat only whatever is required. Increase your awareness and get over your weakness for food.
- Change your lifestyle. Follow more active lifestyle.
- Develop your will power. Get in the positive zone. Affirm to yourself that you will certainly lose weight.
- Be patient for results. Plan for gradual long term weight loss.
Remember there are no secret plans, short cuts for weight loss unless you control your eating.
How to Start?
Make a plan and follow it. Analyse and remove the cause of your obesity. This ground work only you
can do for you. You will come across variety of weight loss tips, but
you have to use your intelligence to adopt the tips which suits your
age, lifestyle and eating habits etc.
There is no magic weight
loss formula to fit everybody. Do not compare yourself to others.
Formulate a new, healthy, eating plan that you will incorporate into
Aim for eating nutritious diet always.
Focus on Fitness
Concentrate on your fitness and weight will take
care. Do not concentrate on
weight loss, instead concentrate on improving health for 2 to 3 months
and see the dramatic change in your health, morale and will power.
must make long term changes in your lifestyle, diet and exercise. Make
regular exercise and healthy eating a way of life. This only can
ensure permanent weight loss.
- Regular exercise.
- Reduce stress in life.
- Good sound sleep at night.
- Avoid too much of fats, fries, junk food,
soft drinks, tea/ coffee and sugar.
- Add lot of salads, fresh fruits,
sprouts, raw or boiled vegetables to your diet. Raw cabbage, broccoli,
cucumber, tomato and most of other vegetables are low calorie food.
Increase intake of salads and boiled vegetables and experience remarkable results.
Study and learn more about nutrition
and how it can help with your weight loss efforts.
- No snacking between meals, eat fruits/salads if feeling hungry between meals.
- Eat healthy diet only.
- Include lot of salads and boiled vegetables in each meal.
- Limit your oil, salt and sugar intake.
- Limit tea and coffee intake to maximum two cup per day.
Simple Daily Diet
Early morning before yoga practice, you can drink one glass of lime
juice with fresh lime and one spoon honey. Water can be lukewarm for
making lime juice. You can take 60 ml of aloe vera juice if
- Go for a small walk or do yoga. One hour after yoga drink a glass of warm milk.
- For breakfast aim to minimise intake of carbohydrates, take only
fruits, salads, vegetables, sprouts. Try this out, this light breakfast
is nutritious and do not load the digestive system, gives me more
energy to cope up with my work.
- Before having lunch or dinner, half an hour before eat a bowl of salad, fresh green vegetables or any fruit.
- For snacking, if you feel hungry between meals, eat only fruits, vegetables or take a handful of nuts.
- Eat your dinner around sun set time and take a 10-15 minute walk
after dinner or sit in vajra asana so that dinner is digested easily.
More Weight Loss Tips
- Select a fit person among the people you know as a role model for your motivation.
- Set realistic goals. When setting your weight loss goals,
choose your weight reduction targets which you can comfortably
maintain without much struggle. Defending a small target and achieving
is much better than set a big target and not achieving it. Otherwise
you will feel discouraged and ready to give up.
- Love your body, do not get guilty feeling if you are overweight.
It was your wrong food choices or lack of exercise. Negative feeling
about weight loss further make you look for short term solutions or
weight loss pills etc.
- Avoid guilt feeling. Occasionally, say once a week, you can
indulge yourself to take your favourite food to your hearts content. It
will keep your carvings under control. If you have binged on some day,
do not carry any guilt. Compensate for it in the next meal or just
run an extra mile.
- Make a mental picture of fitness in your mind and keep repeating
it like positive affirmations for weight loss. This is similar to
programming your mind to succeed in loosing weight.
- Have an active lifestyle, take frequent breaks from work, walk a
while. Make it a practice to go out in the evening or morning to a
nearly park, gym, just walk, jog or just venture out.
- Select your exercise and be regular with it. Nobody will mind a
weekly off, you deserve that. Yoga is the best exercise for permanent
weight loss. You can supplement yoga with preferably walking, jogging,
cycling or swimming.
- Be aware of the calories, but do not carry a calculator. Just
plan your diet with less of fats and more of vegetables. Reduce
carbohydrates and increase vegetable content in your food. If possible
have boiled vegetables only. Count your calories try to stay under the
amount of 1300 calories per day when trying to loose weight.
- Keep a carrot, cucumber, radish or tomato handy for munching if you feel hungry between meals.
- Never go on a crash diet. The faster you loose weight, faster it will come back.
- Remember water is the only low calorie health drink. Drink
enough water in a day. If the colour of your urine looks yellow,
your water intake.
- If possible, reduce your intake of Non vegetarian food. Cook it with less quantity of spices and oil.
- Be relaxed at all times, stress often makes us eat more. For relaxation whenever you feel tired, have a look at this
- Identify your ideal weight. Yoga practice will increase your
self awareness and you can feel when you have reached ideal weight.
- Do not over do exercise or dieting.
- For effective weight loss, your body requires at least eight hours of sleep a night. Your body needs rest to repair itself.
- Your diet must have adequate fiber or roughage. Taking plenty of
fruits and vegetables will fulfill this requirement.
- Eat more whole
foods, raw foods and natural products that have not been processed.
- Walking is the best exercise. Whenever you get a chance to walk, walk and walk.
- Sugar is to be avoided at all costs. If you have a sweet tooth, this will be a major hurdle to be overcome for weight loss.
- When you feel hungry, stop and have a cup of water. Wait 5
minutes and assess whether you are really hungry or perhaps there is an
emotional urge to eat.
- Weigh yourself only once a month. Do not be too conscious of your weight.
- While eating fill your stomach only three fourth. Keep a quarter of your stomach empty.
- Never be in a hurry while eating. Chew your food properly.
- Use lime juice or olive oil dressing for salads to make it more tastier.
- You cannot lose weight faster by drastically reducing your
calorie intake. Your body goes into starvation mode, metabolism slows
and you may not lose weight.
- Everybody needs to include some fat in their diet. Some fats
like omega-3 fatty acids which are found predominantly in fish and
shellfish are good for health.
- Skipping meals will not help you to lose weight. Your metabolism slows down and you get more hungrier.
- Do not completely skip dairy products from your diet.
I am sure weight loss tips discussed above can help you to lose weight.
However, losing weight is simply the arithmetic of taking a balanced
diet with fewer calories than you will expend in a day. The principles
achieving ideal body weight are simple but difficult to follow. My final
tip is that the most effective way to loose weight is to take control
of your taste buds, select food for nutrition, not for taste.
Tell Us Your Weight Loss Tips
Do you have some weight loss tips which you can share with us? We will build a separate page on this site for your weight loss tips? Share Now!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Yoga for Weight Loss
Weight Loss Tips