Vajra Asana (Diamond Pose)
Vajra asana (Diamond pose) derives its name form "Vajra" meaning
thunderbolt. This asana makes the body stronger and harder like a
Remember these yoga tips before starting practice of
Steps For Vajra Asana
- Bend the legs backwards and sit with the help of your knees.
Stretch the legs towards the back and both toes should touch each other.
Keep the heels apart and let buttocks rest on heels, or let them lie in
between the heels.
- The waist neck and spine should be in a straight line. Rest both your hands on the knees and keep the elbows straight.
- Look towards front, breathe normally.
- Initially do this asana for 15 to 30 seconds. Subsequently try to increase the duration to 3 to 5 minutes.
- This is the only asana that can be practiced after taking food.
Do this asana after meals for 5 to 15 minutes for digestion of food.
This is as good as taking a walk after having meals.
- Initially you may be able to do this asana for a minute or less.
Repeat this asana number of times as long as you are comfortable.
- To avoid injury, increase the duration of this asana gradually over a period of one to two months.
- People who are unable to do Padmasana, can sit in this asana
for meditation/ pranayama. For pranayama practice, you may be required
to sit in this asana for 30 minutes. Remember, it will take lot of time
as you gradually increase duration of this asana.
- Aids in digestion.
- Relieves knee pain.
- Cures varicose veins.
- Helps to overcome obesity.
- Helps against gas in stomach and constipation.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.