Uttanpada Asana (Leg Raised Pose)
Uttanpada Asana is ideal for the abdomen and digestive system. It helps
to loose weight also. It is an ideal asana for relief from gas and
indigestion. Read these Yoga workout Tips before
starting yoga asanas.
Lie on your back on the floor and look upwards. Keep both the arms
straight close to your body and palms touching the floor. Keep both the
legs straight, heels and toes touching each other.
- Inhale slowly through both the nostrils and hold your breath.
- Stretch out your toes and while holding the breath and keeping
the legs straight, lift your legs by one foot approximately and try to
hold it there for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Then start exhaling and simultaneously lowering the legs. Both activities to be synchronised to end at same time.
- After resting for 5 to 10 seconds, repeat the process.
- Repeat it three times initially. Increase repetitions or hold the asana position for more time as your strength increases.
- For persons suffering from backache, practice the variation of this asana by raising one leg at a time alternately.
- Tones up the abdominal muscles.
- It is a good asana for indigestion, disorders of pancreas, cures constipation and intestinal problems.
- Reduces fat in abdominal area.
- Strengthens the spinal cord.
- Relieves backache by doing this asana with one leg at a time.
Those with any back injury, backache should not do this asana by lifting both legs, raise one leg at a time.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.