(Wind Releasing Pose)
Pawanmukta Asana is ideal asana for people having wind problem, gas and acidity. Read these
Yoga workout tips for beginners before starting yoga
Lie on your back on the floor and look upwards. Keep both the arms straight close to your body and palms touching the
floor. Keep both the legs straight, heels and toes touching each other.
- Inhale slowly through both the nostrils and hold your breath.
- Stretch out your toes and keep holding the breath. Clasp right
knee by both hands and in a slow movement press your knee toward your
stomach. Hold for 4-5 seconds, and then touch your knee with your nose.
- Exhale and simultaneously release your legs to original position in a slow movement.
- Repeat this process with left knee and subsequently with both knees together. This completes one set.
- Carry out this set two more times.
- Carry out 2 to 3 sets daily. After sufficient practice, you can
hold in the asana position (knee/knees touching the nose) for more time.
- If you are nor able to complete the movement with both knees
together, for some days do this exercise with pressing one knee at a
Benefits of Pawanmukta Asana
- Tones up the large intestine. Activates pancreas and other organs of abdomen.
- Provides instant relief for acidity, wind trouble and gas formation.
- Helps fat loss in abdomen area.