Sitting Pose For Relaxation
Sitting pose for relaxation is used for relaxation/ rest in between asanas performed in sitting position. Read these
Yoga tips before starting yoga asanas.
- Sit on your yoga mat or a carpet and spread both legs forward.
Your legs should rest on the carpet. Keep your legs straight, do not
bend the legs at knee joint.
- While sitting recline your upper half of body slightly backwards
keeping both your hands (palms downward, fingers to the rear) on the
carpet for support.
- Keep your arms and back straight.
- Turn your head erect or slowly tilt it towards either shoulder.
Breathe normally concentrating on your breath and feel your body is
Practice this relaxation after each asana performed in sitting pose and for sake of relaxing while sitting. It is mentioned that beginners may require rest after each pose. After sufficient practice rest may be required after doing 3-4 poses.
- Provides much needed relaxation during short break between asanas.
- Helps blood circulation to body organs and muscles getting exercised during the practice of asanas.
- Body relaxes and breath is harmonised.
Sitting Pose for Relaxation
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.