Laziness And Tension In Upper Stomach After Pranayama
by Harminder Sawani
My name is Harminder. My problem is when I start practicing pranayam after finishing it (though I do it for max 5 to 10 min and only bhastrika, only inhale and exhale) I feel laziness, sort of tension and ache in upper part of stomach. I start it do it for 4,5 days then I had to leave cause I feel it is a torture to me. I want to know why this happens to me when it is changing the lives of millions then why not me. I really want to practice it but do not know what to do. This has been going on for a long long time. Please guide me. God will bless you. I am really suffering.
You have not mentioned your age and your present fitness levels. I will answer this question on the assumption that you are physically fit without any other health issues.
1. Any yoga practice is meant to be invigorating otherwise it is not yoga. In case desired results are not coming from yoga practice, best approach is to learn from a yoga teacher who can teach yoga with proper technique and can suggest a yoga sequence for you.
2. For starting to do yoga, learning yoga under guidance is recommended. In few cases where yoga teachers are not available some people try to learn on their own. But for that you have to read a lot, understand the basic principles of yoga and then practice following all guidelines and precautions.
3. Pranayama should be integrated into a yoga practice consisting of a balanced mix of asana and pranayama. Therefore you must practice both asanas and pranayama. In pranayama also, it is not advisable to do only one type of pranayama. You can select various types of pranayama depending on time available and your health levels.
4. You are doing just one pranayama that too for 5 minutes. For getting benefits of yoga practice, you must practice daily for an hour or at least for 30 minutes.
5. Do not lose hope. If you can spare time for yoga daily, yoga can change your life provided
~ you learn from a teacher
~ do yoga regularly
~ practice at least 30 minutes or more
~ do not do yoga immediately after meals or strenuous exercise.
Therefore, it is recommended that you stop doing further pranayama without supervision. Here are some tips about yoga practiceRead about YogaPrecautions for pranayama practice
Hope it helps