Konasana exercises the lungs and help in managing arthritis.
- Stand on your yoga mat.
- Legs should be spaced two to three feet apart so that legs are more widely spaced than the shoulders.
- Hands hang loosely on either side. Legs should be firm and tight. Keep back and neck straight, look in front.
- While inhaling, from the shoulders, raise both the hands. Bring both the hands in a straight line. Palms should face downward. Bring both the hands parallel to ground.
- Keep your legs and arms straight (no bending).
- Now start exhaling and simultaneously gradually touch your left foot with right hand while the left hand and arm are stretched and pointed upwards.
- Now inhale and gradually come back to starting position.
- Now start exhaling and simultaneously touch your right foot with left hand while right arm and hand are stretched and pointed upwards.
- If your body is not flexible, try to bend your body as long as you are comfortable. Do not strain your body.
Repeat this procedure 2 to 3 times.
- Burns fat in the abdomen area.
- Exercises the lungs.
- Good for regulating the menstrual cycle.
- Helps to reduce acidity.
- Helpful in fighting arthritis and inflammation of joints.