Chandra Bhedi Pranayama Reduces Body Heat
This pranayama is called Chandra bhedi as its practice stimulates the nerves controlled by the moon.
Read general guidelines for pranayama before
starting chandra bhedi pranayama.
- Sit on your favourite seating position Asana (Padma
asana, Vajra asana or
in a well ventilated room free from any
distractions. Keep the waist, back, neck and spine erect. For the
beginners, you can sit on a chair or sit cross legged on the yoga
mat/ carpet keeping your back, neck and spine erect. For very weak
people, lie down in supine position similar to shava asana. Inhaling and
exhaling should be slow and it should not make noise. Gradually
increase the time for inhalation and exhalation. Keep the breathing
easy and enjoy it. Do as per your potential, do not tax your body.
Any time you feel discomfort, discontinue and take rest.
- For closing the right nostril, it should be pressed with thumb
of right hand. For closing the left right nostril, it should be pressed
with ring finger of right hand. Keep the other hand on your knee.
- Alternate method. For closing the right nostril, it
should be pressed with thumb of right hand. For closing the left right
nostril, it should be pressed with ring finger of right hand.
- Initially your hands will get tired easily, so you can use either of the hands. One hand gets tired , use other hand.
Steps For Chandrabhedi Pranayama
- Inhale slowly through the left nostril and fill up your lungs to maximum capacity.
- Hold your breath.(Do not hold breath initially for 2- 3 months, practice only inhalation and exhalation). Do not hold breath at all
if you are suffering from heart disease, asthama.
- Exhale through the right nostril slowly, rhythmically.
- If we call this one set. Repeat five sets and gradually increase to ten sets.
- While doing this pranayama one should breathe in through the left nostril and breathe out through the right nostril.
- When you have gained sufficient practice for 2-3 months,
practice retention of breath. Keep the ratio of time taken for
inhalation, retention of breath and exhalation as (1:4:2). For
starters, do not hold breath, keep the ratio of inhalation-exhalation
- Reduces the flow of gall.
- Reduces body heat.
- Cures heart burn and laziness.
This pranayama should not be done during winters.
Chandra Bhedi Pranayama
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.