Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
Trikonasana is good for stretching the body. This is normally done in the beginning of yoga practice.
- Stand on the floor.
- Legs should be spaced two to three feet apart so that legs are widely spaced than the shoulders.
- Hands hang loosely on either side. Legs should be firm and tight. Keep back and neck straight, look in front.
- While inhaling, raise right hand and arm up towards the sky, palm
facing inwards. Right arm should touch the right ear and stretch it
upwards. Keep the left arm close to body and stretch it downwards.
- Keep your legs and arms straight (no bending).
- While exhaling, bend towards your left so that the right arm
becomes parallel to ground. Simultaneously slide your left arm along the
left leg and try to touch the ground. Stay in this position for 10
seconds. Do not bend forwards, bend sidewise only.
- Now inhale and gradually come back to starting position.
- Now repeat this procedure by reversing the position of arms and bend to your right.
- If your body is not flexible, try to bend your body as long as you are comfortable. Do not strain your body.
Repeat this procedure 2 to 3 times.
- Exercises the lever, kidneys, pancreas and large intestine.
- Exercises the lungs and the ribs.
- Good for regulating the menstrual cycle.
- Good for curing joint pains, backache and obesity.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.