Feeling Sleepy After Yoga Practice
I practice yoga but I feel sleepy after doing pranayama. For example, if I do yoga in morning I feel sleepy after going to office. I do not know the reason.
Generally I do Suryanamaskar, Bhujang asana and Vajra asana. Then I do Kapalabhati and Anulom Vilom
Every 15 to 20 days I do Kunjal kriya and Jal Neti as I suffer from allergic rhinitis and acidity.Answer
1. Yoga practice generally energizes and relaxes our body and you should not feel sleepy after yoga practice.
2. After yoga practice your body becomes relaxed and you may be feeling sleepy. This may be due to the following:
~ You are not getting adequate/ sound sleep at night. You must aim for seven to eight hours of sound sleep.
~ Your working routine may be too tiring.
3. Maybe you are not doing yoga asana practice in the correct way. Follow proper technique, do yoga slowly and take adequate rest between the yoga poses.
4. You can do Kunjal kriya and Jal Neti once a week.
5. If you do not find any change, consult a yoga teacher and practice yoga under supervision of a yoga teacher for few days.
Hope this helps