Yoga Routine Advice For Cold and Cough
I am 60 years old. I am quite healthy. I get up at 4 A.M. First I do bhastrika, then some hand exercises, then I do kapalabhati for 300 times. Then I do tribandh and then anulom vilom for 5 minutes.
After that I do some asanas like vajrasana etc. I do 6 type of exercises while lying on the floor. Then I get up and do some standing exercises.
Then I do my breakfast. After 10-15 minute break, I do some osho meditation with osho music.
I have become quite active after this routine. But recently I am suffering from common cold and cough frequently. There is a mix weather, hot and cold during nights.
I seek your guidance for improving improving my health.
Keep up your regular yoga practice. Here is my advice on your routine.
1. Do any free hand exercises, stretching or warm up exercises before starting with yoga.
2. Thereafter do your asanas.
3. Then do bhastrika and kapalabhati, tribandh. Do some deep breathing for 5 minutes and then do anulom vilom.
4. Rest in shavasana for 5 minutes.
5. Do your meditation. In case you do meditation after breakfast, you will feel sleepy or experience low energy levels which is not conducive for meditation.
6. After 10-15 minute break, do your breakfast.
Gradually increase the number of kapalabhati and time for anulom vilom pranayama. Do not practice tribandh unless you have learned it from a teacher. In winters you may include few rounds (say 10) of suryabhedi pranayama before doing anulom vilom pranayama. To get more benefit from asana practice, you can try to hold each asana position for say 10-15 seconds depending on your physical strength.
Intake of ginger tea, amla, chyawanprash will also help to improve your immunity.
Hope this helps