Weight Loss and Back Pain
I am home maker. My weight is 76 kg, height is 5'3" and age is 40 years.
I want to lose weight but I have back pain when ever I walk or stand for some time. I am doing kapalabhati 3 round of 100 stokes and some back exercises as well as 10 suryanamskars.
I do not take fried or junk foods. I take mostly oats or Dalia in breakfast. Two roti, dal sabji in lunch and no rice at all. 2 cup green tea in a day. I take dinner before 7 P.M, 2 roti sabji and around 9 P.M I take one cup of skimmed milk. But I am not getting satisfactory results. Please help me.Answer
1. It is recommended that you do yoga under guidance as doing yoga on your own can harm you.
2. Do not do kapalabhati as it is not recommended for people having back pain. Doing kapalabhati further strains the back muscles.
3. It is advisable to stop doing all yoga asanas except asanas that strengthen the back muscles. Therefore, do not do suryamanmaskar till back pain goes away.
4. Get physiotherapy for back pain or acupressure to get immediate relief. Do not do yoga till back pain goes away. Once pain is relieved, you can start with simple yoga poses for back strengthening.
5. For losing weight do more of walking to burn more calories. Also you can review your diet in terms of sugar or fats you consume. You need to add more of salads, sprouts and fruits to your diet.
6. Also please provide the correct yoga sequence you follow.
7. I have already sent you the link by email for providing more details and filling up the consultation form.