Breathing Problem After Doing Pranayama
Hi.. I have started doing Pranayama from past 7 days and in between I had stopped doing for 3 to 4 days. Yesterday afternoon I woke up late with less sleep and started doing Pranayama(Breath Retention / Kapalbathi/ Anulom Vilom) and after brushing my teeth suddenly felt pain in my lungs and started to take extra breath and after drinking some water it was normal and again after eating it started and I realized I was taking extra breath.
Today morning it became normal after quite good sleep of 13 hours and then I did very small session of Pranayama and now feeling the extra breath again.
Please help me with your suggestion and should I stop doing Pranayama or what shall I do to get back normal.
1. You have not mentioned your age and health status. I assume that you are not having any health issues like blood pressure or heart disease.
2. Discontinue, your breathing exercises and consult your doctor to ensure that there is no breathing problem.
3. Once doctor clears you to do breathing exercises, consult a yoga teacher and learn yoga breathing under supervision.
4. In the beginning do only deep breathing and alom vilom. Do not
do any pranayama with breath retention unless you are taught by a yoga teacher.
5. Ensure that you do a proper sequence of yoga asanas/ pranayama.
6. Take adequate sleep/rest at night and ensure that you are not tired before doing pranayama.
7. Any time you feel discomfort doing any pranayama discontinue the practice and breathe normally.
Hope this helps